In knowing the Lord regarding Ohme coming to live with us,
I was given assurance:
I will record Ohme among those who acknowledge me,
The Most High will establish her,
The Lord will write her in the register of the peoples… from Psalm 87
Thus I had this blessing to convey to this new child in our home. Like I do with both our own kids, I wanted to print this blessing together with a photo of Ohme, to stick on her bedroom door. Using this blessing is something like a Jewish mazuza I like to pray Scripture for our kids.
However, knowing Ohme's background and her having been exposed to some weird and warped form of Christian practice, I was apprehensive;
"Lord, how do I approach this child and tell her I want to anoint her and pass this blessing on to her? How can we, as her new caregivers, bring her to You, without her running for the hills? Will we be OK in all this ?
How faithful You are O Lord God! You gave me the assurance straight away:"
For Ohme:
Fine oils have been poured upon me.
The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
They will grow like the cedar of Lebanon;
Planted in the house of the Lord,
They will flourish in the courts of our God.
For us as parents/caregivers:
They will still bear fruit in old age,
They will stay fresh and green,
Proclaiming: “The Lord is upright, He is our Rock”
From Psalm 92
I will record OHME among those who acknowledge me,
Indeed, of her it will be said :
“The Most High himself will establish her “
“Because she loves me” says the Lord,
“ I will rescue her,
I will protect her
For she acknowledges My Name.
Ohme will call upon Me ,
And I will answer her.
I will be with her in trouble.
I will deliver her and honour her
And show My salvation to her”
From Psalm 87&91
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment