Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vino !


We 'set our faces like flint' to do the Wine Tour thing today. Being slightly overcast, made it the perfect day to do the wine thing. I must admit, I enjoyed the cheeses more than than the wine tasting. I need to be in a very safe environment for me to enjoy wine - preferably within meters of my bed....But it was informative and Hubby enjoyed.

The history of Jan van Riebeeck making 14 liter of wine around 1966, made me ponder. Making wine was also one of the first things Noah did after coming 'ashore' the new land after the flood.

Jesus said he will not drink the fruit of the vine again until He returns.


Our son started his very own Blog tonight, maybe his insight gives you more of a picture on our wine experience. Falcon-perch.blogspot.com.
Photo is of the Castle.Our camera still broken, very sad state of affairs

2 comments:

Desia said...

Looks good out there, too bad about your camera. We had to get a new one in August after our other ’new’ camera (bought in December last year) fell into the lake at Lake of the Woods in July. I still miss the ’old’ one...
It’s nice to follow along with you on your tour via the blog

Robyn Rochelle E.Cox said...

all the way down in South Africa...
this blogging thing is incredible.
May your time serving God be profitable for the Kingdom.